Thursday, March 17, 2011

9

I talked to 9 wonderful women at the Third Thursday Book Club tonight about music therapy -- Patti, Laurie, Lorraine, Barb, Martha, Kathy, Mary, Pat and Sue.  Thanks, ladies, for listening to my music therapy stories and sharing with me your experiences with music!  Mary shared that a nurse friend knows firsthand about the use of music in hospice, and Pat mentioned that she read an article recently about the same topic.  In January, I chose Daniel Levitin's This is Your Brain on Music for the book group to read and we had a lively discussion about music's effects on the brain.  While I worked on my Music Therapy degree at Marylhurst, these amazing, smart and talented women supported and encouraged me all along the way.  Thanks, Third Thursday Book Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment